Identify and agree arts challenge

My Arts Challenge- describe your arts challenge:
My arts challenge is to create a three minute short film with a group for the BFI film academy. 

Why have I chosen this arts challenge?
 I have chosen this challenge as I am passionate about film and excited to learn about the different roles that go into making a film. My love for film is surrounded in creating the narrative and taking concepts and ideas and turning them into visuals and stories. 

How will I achieve this goal?
To achieve this goal I will complete the ten days with the academy, at the end I will have completed pre production, production and post production and have completed the short film. 

My ambitions and thoughts? 
 My next step is to go to University to study film production. After this I want to go into the industry however I am still slightly unclear of the role I would love to aim for. My current ideas are script supervisor/ writer, director or camera work.

My current skills/ experience?
I have experience from multiple work placements including a photography studio, marketing department and working with a local news station. From these placements I have developed my understanding of each department and have developed communication skills alongside technical skills surrounding equipment. I have current skills in team working and organisation from my time at NCS where I helped organise an event and raise over £1000 for a mental health charity. I also have skills in creative writing which is evident in my 3rd and 2nd place win at a creative writing competition at my school.

What would I like to improve or learn about? 
From the course I want to have a further understanding of the different roles in production and what is required in each one. This will benefit me with my choice of role in the industry and where to develop my skills. I want to gain practical skills for working in the industry and becoming more familiar with the equipment and roles involved. I also want to grow my skills in working with other people and developing my ideas alongside others.

Comments