Review your leadership project and leadership role

In what ways have you developed your leadership skills?
I believe having my own role within a group developed my skills as it allowed me to have control whilst also contributing to a larger cause. My role of recruiter taught me skills around design and planning posters and tickets. It also taught me skills of organisation and how to intrigue people into something.

In what what did your leadership plan change?
My plans changed as I was moved from teacher in the script writing group to recruiter in the editing group. Despite this, I believe I worked well to catch up and complete my role effectively. I also gained experience from multiple roles and groups from this which will have widened my knowledge for the future.

What were the successes and challenges of the project?
The successes of the project were definitely how many people came to our workshop and were pleased with the level of teaching. The only challenge I faced was organising the people that wanted to attend the workshop and making sure they didn't turn up during the talk which did happen a few times.

What have you learnt from your leadership project overall?
Overall, I've learnt skills in designing, recruiting and organising. My knowledge surrounding marketing has grown and I now feel more capable to control that area if I was to run my own event.

How would you do it differently in the future?
In the future, I would organise the tickets and set times differently so that people would not be coming in half way through the talk. I would make sure it is clear what time the event is starting and ending and explain to people to attend one of those.

Comments